Monday, January 10, 2011

Caught in the Crossfire...No, Not the Movie.

Hey music fans or bored internet surfers,

50 Cent's Caught in the Crossfire is actually down the hall. But don't worry, I'm glad you stumbled in here because what I'm about to tell you is actually better. Leave the rap music behind because I've got something more enjoyable, but as equally angry. The Crossfire blog is dedicated to all things blues and maybe even a little jazz here and there. I hope you enjoy all the news, videos, photos, tour updates, and anything else I can come up with concerning the world of blues (and sometimes jazz).

First, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Carla and I'm from North Dakota where blues music is relatively extinct aside from the stylings of Jonny Lang. Unfortunately, he fled years ago. But just because he's gone and blues is hard to come by on the radio these days doesn't mean all hope is lost. I'm here to attempt to bring some of the good ol' blues back.

At this point you may be wondering, "What would a blonde-eyed, blue-haired girl from North Dakota know about blues?" And I really don't know. I'm leaving that for you to answer once you decide whether or not I am worthy enough to be called a true blues fan. If I am, I appreciate your support. If not, I will continue to listen to the genre as I did before. Either way, I still am under the impression that I am a sad, bluesy person.

Even if you are not yet a full-blooded blues fan, I hope you enjoy your weekly fix of some blues-related stuff found on this blog. I'll try my best to supply all the knowledge you need, week-by-week, and I will not rest until it is done. Alright, I may rest once and awhile. But who really wants carpel tunnel syndrome?

To start you off, here's Stevie Ray Vaughn (a.k.a. blues guitarist extraordinare) playing his 1989 hit "Crossfire," which is also the name given to this blog:

No comments:

Post a Comment